Food grade Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (HPMC) and Methylcellulose (MC) are water soluble polymer compliant with food standards.food grade methyl cellulose is widely applied for various processed foods. Functional advantages are versatile as binders, emulsifiers, stabilizers, suspension agents, protective colloids, thickeners and film-forming agents.
Food Grade Hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose
CAS number: 9004-65-3
Appearance: white powder
Molecular weight: 86000.00000
Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (INN name: Hypromellose), also abbreviated as hypromellose (hydroxypropyl methyl cellulose, abbreviated as HPMC), is a kind of non-ionic cellulose mixed ether. As a food additive, hypromellose can play the following roles: emulsifier, thickener, suspending agent and substitute for animal gelatin.
1. Appearance: white or almost white powder.
2. Particle size; 100 mesh pass rate is greater than 98.5%; 80 mesh pass rate Special specifications have a particle size of 40-60 mesh.
3. Carbonization temperature: 280-300℃
4. Apparent density: 0.25-0.70g/cm (usually around 0.5g/cm), specific gravity 1.26-1.31.
5. Discoloration temperature: 190-200℃
6. Surface tension: 42-56dyn/cm for 2% aqueous solution.
7.Solubility: soluble in water and some solvents, such as ethanol/water, propanol/water in appropriate proportions. The aqueous solution has surface activity. High transparency and stable performance. Different specifications of products have different gel temperatures, and solubility changes with viscosity. The lower the viscosity, the greater the solubility. Different specifications of HPMC have different performances. The dissolution of HPMC in water is not affected by pH.
8. With the decrease of methoxy group content, the gel point of HPMC increases, the water solubility decreases, and the surface activity also decreases.
9. HPMC also has thickening ability, salt resistance, low ash powder, pH stability, water retention, dimensional stability, excellent film-forming properties, and wide range of enzyme resistance, dispersibility and adhesion.
1. Canned citrus: prevent whitening and deterioration due to decomposition of citrus glycosides during storage to achieve freshness preservation.
2. Cold fruit products: add in sherbet, ice, etc. to make the taste better.
3. Sauce: used as an emulsification stabilizer or thickener for sauces and ketchup.
KimaCell HPMC/MC products can improve by the following properties in food applications:
·Reversible thermal gelation,aqueous solution makes gel upon heating and returns to solutions after cooling. This property is very useful for food processing. For example, it can provide stable viscosity under a wide range of temperature. And this elastic gel helps to reduce oil migration, retain moisture and keep shape during cooking without changing the original texture. Thermal gel provides heat stability to processed foods when deeply fried, baked in ovens and warmed up in microwaves. Furthermore, when eaten, any gummy texture goes away with time passage due to MC/HPMC reversibility.
· Being Non-digestible, Non-Allergenic, Non-Ionic, Non-GMO
· Being tasteless and odorless
· Being stable in the range of pH(3~11) and temperature (-40~280℃)
· Proven to be safe and stable material
· Delivering excellent water-holding property
· Maintaining shape by the unique property of reversible thermo-gelling
· Providing excellent film formation for coated foods and dietary supplements
· Acting as a replacement of Gluten, Fat, and Egg white
· Working for various food applications as foam stabilizer, emulsifier, dispersing agent, etc.
|Recommend Grade:||Request TDS|
|MC 55A15||Click here|
|MC 55A30000||Click here|